Coos County Surveyor Office
Michael L. Dado is the elected County Surveyor. He has been a long-time Surveyor in Coos County.
The office of the County Surveyor is responsible for checking, filing and indexing boundary surveys by private and public surveyors. The office maintains all records of surveys and provides means by which the public can use these records. The surveyor checks and approves subdivisions, condominiums and land partitions. The surveyor surveys county owned land and county roads. The surveyor is responsible for the recovery, restoration and preservation of public land corners. These are section corners, quarter corners and donation land claim corners.
Documents Available in the Surveyor Office are:
- Records of Survey
- Subdivision Plats
- Partition Plats
- Government Land Office Surveys
- Copies of Cadastral Tax Maps
FUNCTIONS AND OBJECTIVES
SURVEY FILES AND REFERENCE DOCUMENTS
- Preserve original surveys and record documents
- Create and maintain digital archive of all originals
- Improve access to land record information
SUBDIVISION AND PLAT CHECKING
- Perpetuate and restore government land corners as regulated by the Oregon Revised Statutes
- Participate in the Public Land Corner Preservation Program
- These corners form the basis of the land identification system used in deeds and boundary control of all property
- Review plats and subdivisions for accuracy and content according to guidelines established by the Oregon Revised Statutes and local ordinances
- Employ computerized drafting techniques to assure consistency and precision to within fixed tolerances
- Field checking of lot corner pin placement
Coos County Survey Resource System
Contact the Surveyor's Office request access.
User Fee Required.
If you are using the Windows XP operating system you will need to have Google Chrome or Firefox Browers to view the SRS database.