The Environmental Health programs mission is to:
- Regulate and inspect food service, public pools, and overnight lodging
- Consult with operators of public water systems to make sure water is clean
- Provide inspection services for child daycare and public school cafeterias
- Investigate illnesses that are spread thru food and water, and
- Provide training for food workers and restaurant managers
Environmental Health programs and services benefit the entire community, including: county residents, tourists, visitors, and businesses. Anyone who eats food prepared in a restaurant, temporary food booth, or school cafeteria or swims in a pool benefits from the inspection process. Tourists can more safely attend the many outdoor festivals, restaurants, and travel accommodations in Coos County. Businesses also benefit from having a safe community that attracts visitors and encourages residents to use their services.