How to apply for a marriage license:
Information required on license application:
- Both parties are required to appear at the Coos County Clerk's office at the Courthouse in Coquille (250 N. Baxter St., Coquille, Or.)
- Application document is completed by the couple and an oath is issued.
- Payment of fee - $50.00 (cash or money order only)
- Father's full names (first, middle, last)
- Mother's full Maiden names (first, middle, last)
- The states in which all parents were born.
- The name(s) the couple will take after the ceremony.
- Social Security numbers
- Previous marriage end date
- There is a 3 day waiting period in Oregon. The license becomes effective on the 3rd day from the date of issuance and is valid for 60 days.
- 18 years old or older
- 17 years may purchase a license with parental consent. Consenting parent must appear with the couple and complete an affidavit of consent. Birth Certificate and Photo ID is required.
Marriage License applications are processed
8:00am - 11:45am; 1:00pm - 4:45pm, Monday through Friday, except legal holidays.
Coos County Wedding Official List
Order Form For Certified Copy Of Your Marriage License