What is Oregon Mother's Care?
OMC provides prenatal needs assessment appointments at no charge. The site coordinator provides coordination with pregnancy testing, prenatal care, OHP assistance, referrals and education resources at no charge.
What services does Coos County Public Health provide?
Coos County Public Health provides the following Oregon MothersCare services:
- Pregnancy testing
- One-on-one assistance applying for the Oregon Health Plan (OHP)
- Help making your first prenatal care appointment with a doctor or midwife
- Help making a dental appointment
- Information about the WIC program which provides nutrition education and healthy food
- Information about Maternity Case Management services in our community
- Other information and services that may be of assistance to you
Early prenatal care is important for you and your baby because it:
- Helps identify and take care of health problems before they become serious
- Helps make sure your baby is growing well
- Allows you the opportunity to ask questions and learn about your pregnancy
- Helps you learn ways to feel better while you are pregnant