Departments > Coos Health & Wellness > Public Health > Environmental Health > Food Safety And Licensing > Temporary Restaurant

Temporary food service operations include any food service establishment which operates at the same location in conjunction with a fair, carnival, circus, sidewalk cart, or similar public event.

For-Profit Individuals or groups planning to provide food at an event must first obtain a temporary restaurant license. The Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS 624.086) require each food booth in operation during an event to have its own separate license. A license is only valid for the specific event, and must be clearly posted. Oregon law has now created 3 types of temporary restaurant licences. Two types of licenses are for longer periods of time, and also require an operation plan review. Benevolent and Government Groups have the option to register their event with the local Health Department.  Read the following to determine which license type will fit the event(s) for your intended food service:

1. Single Event License For Profit  click here for application Click Here for Application
    License time period: Usually less than a week, but as brief as one meal.
    Location: May vary with each application.
    Menu: May vary with each application.
    Operation plan review: Not required.
    Examples: The fair, a carnival, or a weekend street festival.

2. Single Event Benevolent or Government Registry 
Why Register? It shows the community that you had the opportunity to review food safety material
    Instructions and Registry information: Click Here for Non-Profit Benevolent Instructions and Registry

3. Seasonal Temporary License - 90 days Click Here for Application
    License time period: Up to 90 days.
    Location: The same specific place.
    Community Event is ongoing (sponsored by one over-sight organization)
    Menu: Must remain the same.
    Operation plan review: Required.
    Examples: School sport concession, weekly farmer's market.

4. Intermittent Temporary License - 30 days Click Here for Application
    License time period: up to 30 days.
    Location: The same specific place.
    There may be multiple public events (with one or more oversight organizations). 
    Menu: Must remain the same.
    Operation plan review: Required.
    Example: Within 30 days (1) The Lapidary Society hosts a rock show at the city park and contracts 
    with a food vendor to use the pavilion for concessions and (2) The Kennel Club hosts a dog show 
    using the same park facilities and the same food vendor for concessions. 
A For-Profit Temporary Restaurant application will receive a discount on the license fee if the application is received or postmarked as least 10 days in advance of intended operation.  


Contact Us

Environmental Health

Program Manager:

Rick Hallmark, EHS, MPA

Phone: 541-266-6744 or 541-266-6720


Office Hours
Monday - Friday
8 am  to 5 pm


Do you know you can read reports for your favorite restaurant, motel, pools and RV parks? Click on the link below.

To review inspection reports for a licensed facility in Coos County, just enter the name in the search box to see all inspections conducted since starting with the HealthSpace software.  All inspections have a 14-day delay before they are posted online.  Please check back if an inspection isn’t available to view yet.